Year 2015 collection. “There was a wish to get something exceptional. I also wanted to deliver something technically unique.” Architect Santiago Calatrava
The day I was taking this picture from one of the existing piers across Malmo Ribersborg beach someone approached and asked if I was a professional photographer to which I obviously said no, just love doing photo.
– Can I see the result?
– Yes you do but need to wait a few seconds because it is a long exposure.
– I like the skyline from this viewpoint. He mentioned.
– Yes, it is pretty elegant. I replied.
– Huuumm. But that building… seems not fitting. He said.
– I think the opposite. I think it is elegant and give to this flat city an almost uniqueness. Sometimes the decision makers need to be bold, that is what makes architecture history, isn’t it?
– Hi, my name is (….). I am one of the city’s architecture responsible. I love to hear visitors’ opinion and I love your statement! He mentioned.
After seeing some of my shots of that day he said; Beautiful photos! May I have a copy of some of your pictures? This is my email address and you can also visit me at City Hall…
– Maybe, I do. Thank you for your appreciation though.